Today’s online business world is filled with challenges and opportunities. A valid BIMI or Brand Indicator Message Identification is one type of record that is used to display the brand logo for proper recognition. The online BIMI checker is essential for brand protection. Checking the BIMI record of a domain can help in evaluating the performance of the brand and improving it. It is an open system for businesses to check email authenticity. It facilitates the fact that emails sent from a genuine organization will have a brand logo. Any suspicious mail will automatically be listed as spam and marked as an unreliable source.
How does BIMI work?
The sender and receiver can see two different interfaces of BIMI. Here are the steps that can sender can experience:
- First, a DMARC authentication needs to be installed at the domain.
- The Domain Name System will then require a BIMI text record that will have information like the logos of the sender. The text record can automatically store the URL with a square SVG file of the logo.
- When the sender shoots the mail, it contains information about the mailbox provider in the header section. The receiver can use the BIMI records to verify the email.
On the other side, the receiver can check the below-mentioned steps:
- Once the email is received, the receiver’s system checks the DMARC authentication.
- In the next stage, the domain of the DNS is verified.
- A logo from a specific brand is displayed near the email.
Benefits of BIMI for a brand
- Security updates: BIMI requires strong authentication that adds additional security to the emails. It becomes easy for a person to verify the logos and leverage behind-the-scenes with proper security updates. It can protect a brand and save the brand’s reputation.
- Reduce phishing attempts: The next advantage is the extra layer of protection against phishers or proofers. The deployments and enforcement of email authentication promote security levels and reduce fraudulent activities.
- Helps a brand to stand out: A BIMI checker is helpful in portraying the brand logo to the consumer’s inbox, creating extra focus. It helps reinforce brand awareness and establish a brand reputation. The email authentication protocol is published on the DNS server that can connect the domain with email, websites, etc. Keep in mind all the benefits and invest in the right BIMI for brand protection.
There are multiple companies providing brand protection services like BIMI checker. However, companies in this field working for years can be trusted. It is a highly recommended process for all types of companies. Big or small, every company wants to protect its brand at any cost. It can save from fraud and any major accidents. But ensure to choose a reliable company for all the brand protection needs. Forget not to visit their website and check for testimonials. All these advanced steps will help in getting in touch with the right brand that has enough expertise in this field.