When you get home, you promise yourself that you will love and take care of your pet in the best way possible. That is why it is always challenging to see your dog in pain. But joint pain is something that can emerge in your dog at any age and leave your dog helpless. Fortunately, there are many ways you can help your affected dog to live a comfortable life. The easy natural hacks are mentioned below, so keep reading the article.
There are several ways to keep your dog’s joints healthy, but below mentioned are a few of the most important ones:
- Maintaining a healthy weight throughout your dog’s lifetime is very important. When a dog becomes heavy or overweight, more stress is on its joints. If your dog is at a healthy weight right now, that’s a perfect thing. Make sure you maintain that weight, and if your pet dog is overweight, consult a vet and start the weight loss regime.
- Your furry friend needs to stay active. If your dog suffers from joint pain, you must reduce vigorous physical activity. Perhaps replace it with shorter walks and indoor play sessions.
- For healthy joints, nutritious food is essential. Add anti-inflammatory food to your dogs’ diet. Adding foods like papaya, alfalfa, celery, or ginger to your dog’s diet benefits their health.
- Many veterinary hospitals provide advanced services like physical therapy, which can benefit your dog. Highly trained staff members can ease your dog’s pain with hydrotherapy.
- Treating joint pain – from medication to vet visits – can be expensive, so it is better to have top rated pet insurance to help pay for it. Remember that iof it is pre-existing it won’t be covered so get insurance for your dog from a young age.
- Massage can relieve your dog’s joint pain. You can learn from a physician or vet about giving massages at home to your dog. If you are lucky enough, you can find a professional providing massage therapy to pets.
- Tile floors and hardwood floors are not very suitable for dogs with joint pain. If you have only tiled floors/hardwood, keep a regular check on nail trims and lay some rugs around the house; it will help dogs navigate through the house.
- If your dog has joint pain, you will likely need to consider providing your dog with a Supportive Orthopedic Dog Bed. These beds are specially designed to ease the pain, so getting one will help the problem a bit.
So these are some ways you can keep your dog’s joints healthy and strong and/or ease their pain. If they already have joint pain the treatment process can be long and expensive, so hopefully you already have top rated pet insurance to cover this and other illnesses and accidents that happen throughout their lifetime.
If you already have dog insurance NZ, nothing to worry about. But, if you don’t have dog insurance NZ, get one soon for any other issues that may arise with your dog’s health. It is straightforward to get an insurance quote, and it will benefit you a lot in the future.