Is your hair naturally the dry type? Are you tired of using styling tools to make your locks look a little presentable? Do you want to change the way your hair behaves? Shiny, lustrous and manageable hair is not a myth. If you are someone who dreams to fix their dry hair without breaking the bank, you are in for a treat.
1. Drink up
Following ellaborate hair care regimes won’t do any good to your dry hair if your body is not getting enough water. Just like plants your hair also needs water to grow. Drinking at least 2-3 litres of water in a day is what your hair and body needs to function adequately. Dehydration can result in slow to no hair growth at all and it will also make your hair dry and brittle. If you are forgetful, putting up hourly reminders on your cell phone can help maintain water intake.
2. Maintain a safe distance from heat
The urge to style your hair with a tool every single time you step out of your house is real. But if you wish for your dry hair to do better you will have to maintain a distance from heat. Using hot tools on your hair every day is taking away the limited natural oils your dry hair has. So instead of giving in the urge to style your hair frequently try making the natural condition of your hair better. Other than heat from styling tools, washing your hair with hot water can also be the culprit in causing dryness on the scalp which in turn results in hairfall and rough hair. Seek treatment from the Best Dermatologist in Karachi if your scalp is unusually dry.
3. Follow a hair care regimen religiously
Tackling dry hair can be frustrating because no matter how much you try your hair just won’t behave better. Following a hair care routine can help make things better for your dry hair. So what does a hair care regimen for dry hair look like? Let us take you through:
- On your hair wash day, whisk up a natural mask with whatever works for your hair best. Some examples of natural ingredients that work for dry hair are coconut oil, aloe vera, rice water, egg and honey. Apply the mask to your hair and let it stay for at least 45 minutes.
- Now hop in the shower, set the water temperature to warm. Don’t rush in with the shampoo yet, wait for your hair to get entirely drenched with water. After your hair is entirely wet and the mask is rinsed off. Go in with the shampoo but make sure you emulsify it first.
- Rinse the shampoo, next towel dry your hair thoroughly. Make sure to use a microfiber towel. Now go in with your hair mask and let it sit for at least 20 minutes in your hair. Rinse the mask off and towel dry your hair. For shampoo and mask recommendations consult a Skin Specialist and they will recommend you just the right kind of products for your hair.
- Last and most important step is to use a leave-in conditioner after brushing your half dry hair to lock all the moisture in.